I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Abundance of BeefCakes

I did not run yesterday. I had to be honest with you. I always do something on Wednesdays so that I can take Fridays off, but I felt lazy and for the first time in a while, I totally gave in. My only excuse for slacking is that it is finals week and my brain is a bit scrambled; but that's all I got. So, today I had 5 miles scheduled, but I told myself I had to do 6. I don't know if it was punishment really, or just to be sure I could still run.

I went to the rec center and started off on the treadmill with a steady 5 miles. I am not sure why, but my body was feeling it today. I was sore and very tired for the last 1.5 miles. Then, the plan was to do my last mile at an easy pace on the indoor track. But, before we get there I must tell you of my view today from the dreadmill. Usually there are a mix of people at the rec, but today it was all beefcakes. Now, I am not using the in a derogatory way. I actually think it's a fun and silly word and it is hard to say without smiling. These guys do make me giggle a little though. They are usually wearing tight UA shirts and constantly glare at their shiny muscles while lifting. I know you need to see your frame to make sure you are lifting correctly, but this is all out self-indulgence, body version. Anyways, I mostly stared out the bottom windows (the cardio equipment and track are upstairs with an open view down below). I watched crazy squirrels chase each other and the occasional runner that obviously just ran by to make me feel bad about working out indoors.

By the time I finished my 5 mile set I was pooped, but still shakily determined. The track was pretty empty, which is my favorite, so I did not mind taking a comfortable pace. I finished up that last mile, lifted upper body, did some core work, and finished with a good stretch. Of course when I got home I ate my oatmeal with PB and banana slices...3 weeks strong guys, almost every single day- I have a problem. I also cleaned up our place a bit- we have all of our Christmas decorations up so it always looks more festive when things are cleaner and there is less puffs of puppy hair floating around.

I hope your week is going great, I will be studying the rest of tonight...I'm sure. But, after finals I have some great recipe and fashion posts coming your way! And, of course, keep me accountable for that running thing I try and do ;)

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...