I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm Sailing Away...Styx Reference and Week 2 Outfit: popped collar included

Hello Darling,

         I hope your week has blossomed into a fabulous weekend and as much as the snow sparkles I am ready for spring to warm us all up...so, this week's outfit will be the first, but not the last of nautical, ralph lauren feeling, relaxed, clean colors, mixed patterns, water, good smells, fun time themed. Shew Whee!


This look just has a taste of the nautical sense but is something that I could see being worn primarily during the day, sunshine recommended. But, then I read what I just wrote and it makes me make a face...there aren't any rules. This is an outfit that I could envision taking you through a day of shopping, galavanting, boating...to throwing on some pumps maybe changing out the jacket to a slouched tux blazer or something fun!

I had originally paired this with some Juicy Couture, navy, burlap flats with white rope finish and some fun detailing (retail about $170 v. $38 at our store-Mosaic) but then I had an affair with these beauties...

    Also From Juicy Couture, these are just a fun beachy
combo of platforms and wedges all rolled together
with braided rope and one of my favorite colors-camel :)

PS: The skirt is a sweet little navy and white thick striped basic cotton skirt from XXI. The "shirt" tucked in is actually a red and white thin striped, sleeveless mini dress with roping laced in front- our's came from a little boutique but I have seen similiar fits and styles at H&M and Ralph Lauren. The denim jacket is a classic Levi Strauss lightwash mid-length style just with the sleeves rolled up a smidge 50s-esque. And, of course those silver chunks in the front :)...this is just one of those fun finds that makes your day. These were strands of probably thick plastic silver oblong beads linked together and had some hammered detailing on them. They are 80ish but have been so versatile in styling at the store and are a lot of fun! 

Restrictions: hahaha, none- if you don't live by water or it's yucky outside, make a beach playlist (I have ones actually entitled: 'Beach' and 'I Want it to be Warm Outside'), create some tropical smoothie recipes, rent Gidget (Sandra Dee or Sally Field versions both acceptable) and light a coconut lime verbena candle. Have a relaxed and sizzling weekend :) 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...