I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Refrigerator Meal

I have been eating this dish for weeks now, and I am loving how easy and delicious it is! Jake has gotten on board as well...like, I didn't even have to talk it up, he just ate it and liked it. One of the best parts (aside from the good food noises you will make while eating this) is you can throw so many different things into it.


Caution: I love cabbage. I grew up eating it often and love the smell of it cooking. I know many people who are not as keen to it, and even if I don't understand it, I can live with it.



For this meal you will need:

1-2 bags of plain coleslaw
Lean ground turkey (chicken or sausage would be good too)
1 tablespoon olive oil (2 if you are making this two meals and adding more ingredients)
2 cloves of garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
++Extras++
Shredded carrots
Maybe not the prettiest meal, but one of the tastiest. 
Broccoli-chopped
Onion-chopped
Zucchini-diced
Sweet potato-diced
Rice
Quinoa

I brown the meat first over medium heat, set aside and then saute the cabbage and vegetables in the oil. I love love the way it tastes the longer it all cooks together, but I am in a rush sometimes too. Therefore, cooking times will vary to your personal preference. Once the cabbage has 'wilted' and the veggies are softened, add the meat back in and let simmer a bit longer. 
At this point, if I am adding another starch, like potatoes, I add it now (after already being precooked). Now, literally just throw it all into a big bowl and enjoy.


{{Jake has, a couple times, put this all onto some tortillas for a twist on tacos. I usually eat mine like a cave woman from a bowl...it is that good}}


Total cook time: about 30 minutes (including prep)
Calories: about 390 cals (for one large serving)



This meal is chocked full of healthy veggies, fats, and protein!





XoXo


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...