I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Time! Bruschetta and Ducks.

The weather has been getting more and more wonderful and the air has smelled gorgeous lately (nature's perfume-thank you flowering trees and blooms). So, it's getting late, but there is a hoodlum across the street blasting music. I am all for dancing and singing around in circles, but it's loud. It's not, "oh hey they're having fun" loud, it's "I just aged 15 years in 5 minutes and I'm going to call your mom" sort of loud. Anyways, why not take advantage of being up! These are just a couple randoms from this past week or so that made me smile and say mmmm, enjoy :)

Homemade Bruschetta! Mmmmm, and as easy as boxed cake! If I remember correctly, I just used stone ground, whole wheat, thick sliced bread (Italian  would be even more delicious), diced cherry tomatoes, store-bought tomato sauce with a kick to it (just some chiles in the sauce), roasted and pulled chicken, then topped with mozzarella cheese, parmesean cheese, and basil. I think this is all I added, but of course it is fun to mess around with different variations and herbs/spices. I just toasted them in the toaster oven for a few minutes (bread was already toasted earlier) and vwa-la! I calculated the caloric intake when serving sizes are roughly used- about 600ish :) yum.

Another fun ditty...Outside of the gym one day I was walking past the pond and spotted 3 little ducks all nestled together taking a morning nap. I had to stop and take a picture and smile googily not caring who might walk by. I just hope others got to enjoy this little, sweet moment also :)



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...