I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week 5ish Outfit: A cheesy link between clothes and love!

I might be on break from class...and Wednesdays might be a crazy, and depending on how positive I am feeling, dumb day of the week. So, between hopping from school, to work, to school I thought I would use this break to create something fun :)

This week's ensemble is another recycled piece blossomed into something classy, pretty, and comfy. Dresses are so great, they are usually airy, forgiving, and easily transformed and layered to create diverse looks- from chic to casual. This one could pass for a formal dance getup with the bedazzlement and fabric used. I was a little skeptical when I first decided to use this dress in a piece, I though it might be too "homecoming" "sequin" "halter" stocky looking, but I can admit my error 100%.

Shortly after this dress came in (just a department store dress priced at about $15 at Mosaic) a beautiful periwinkle blazer (retro Claiborne) came in with a rounded collar. I saw this same color glimmer on the dress and when the two met, it was meant to be. The cutesy blazer ($12 at Mosaic) was appearing more structured over the halter dress, showing off a little skin uptop near the shoulders. The shape of the dress was complemented by the softness of the jacket and the colors could not have been more stunning together. Just like when two people can complement each other's characteristics, these two pieces did just that. Any details that might have been a little loud on the dress were now soft and still popped without being overwhelming and the jacket created a look that can go from work to dinner out.

Both these pieces can also, of course be played with and worn in several different ways. For example, be bold and wear the whimsical dress out alone for dancing or just to sparkle. And, the blazer would be great with a bootcut pair of lightwash denim and pumps.

I wish the beauty of this outfit would show up clearer in this photo but it gives an idea :) Here you go!...





 On the far left is a splurge- Betsey Johnson's (about $170) and the pretty gray pumps on the right are Samanta Shoes for at least half the cost of Betsey's! The accessories can definitely be minimal, I found these gorgeous, dreamy posts on Etsey (from the seller AshleySpatula- check her out!)
  Have Fun! I hope you enjoyed :)
                                                                                                                                                       xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...