I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Sunday, March 11, 2012

'Snack and A Movie'...and Recycling Clothing

Robin Hood Men in Tights with a dash...or two of dark chocolate covered raisins and attempted homemade fries that turned into crispy chips, and finding new ways to re-vamp sleepy and possibly neglected clothing :)



This film by Mel Brooks (who seems to appear many times in our home) requires you to not have the desire to learn anything but just relax...and the later you watch it the funnier it gets-easy peasy.
photo courtesy of moviefancentral.com


Dark chocolate raisins are self-explanatory, and to make myself feel better I suggest that they are healthy. But wait, in all honesty if you buy the dark chocolate yogurt covered raisins the sugar, fat, and overall calories are lower but whether you decide to care or not they are mmmhmmm.

The attempted homemade fries were just normal idaho potatoes thinly sliced into fries and chips and flavored with basil, a smidge of oil, salt, pepper, and some creole seasoning...just don't leave them in the oven too long :( Jake had gotten home from work and I guess I was just fluttering around and forgot about them; as sweet as he is, he used ranch, cheese, and lots of love to eat them all.



Lastly, just a little ditty about re-using clothing that might be hanging out in the back of your closet. I have so many different sized, colored, and shaped button-downs that I just didn't wear anymore and seemed fashion tired. But, then I found a coral tank by XXI and a leopard print blouse from my friend's grandma and paired them together to create a fun day look. It's accented with a gold chain link belt as a necklace. This is just a simple idea that can be taken to many different levels!



Have fun :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...