I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Prepping

Happy Wednesday!

I have a "long" run scheduled for the next two days- but I might move my Friday run to Saturday. Wednesdays and Fridays are full of work and school so I take these days off completely sometimes. A friend of mine has always been adamant in making sure I rest after a good run- this is the same friend that eats ice cream and watches bad horror movies with me, what a well-rounded girl ;)

Anyways- tonight my husband and I surprised a friend who's housesitting with pizza and, for her and I, fruit and yogurt parfaits. Obviously this is a meal for champions...but, honestly I have eaten heavy Mexican food the night before a run and been alright- the first 10 minutes were rough but I think my body just finally realizes that it's going to have to deal with it and pushes on.

My long runs right now are between 4.5 and 5.5 miles. I understand it's not that impressive, but in my own little world I feel pretty alright with it. On my last run (Monday) I passed a man downtown that asked me, "How many miles?" and I told him 4 (I ended up running 5 after his response)...he said back- nothing. Yep, not impressed...so I giggled it off and said, "I know that's not very far," and told him to have a good day. I smiled- sorta and kept on moving. I was now motivated to go further than planned and I think it was God's disguised blessing to prove to myself that I can.

On a more delicious note...when we do sit down and make fuel food=real dinners, they mostly consist of a bunch of ingredients that are around the kitchen and that smell good together ;) I have taken some photos of a few recent meals and will be doing some food posts in the near future! We are by no means perfect eaters- we like too much variety of 'good' and 'bad' (or how my mom used to say, 'devil food'), but with decent portion size, keeping fun food special, and lots of fresh ingredients we try to keep it somewhat well- rounded while still feeling fulfilled.

So, I usually don't divulge this to ANYONE...but I generally run a 9ish minute mile (give or take a smidge here and there), but I am hoping to post later a smaller number! I have also signed up for my FIRST OFFICAL RACE- a 5k in Michigan in about a month...motivaters are always a solid thing.

Have a restful night, a happy tomorrow, and see you soon!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...