I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Friday, January 11, 2013

Update

Good Morning :)

I wanted to give this blog and its readers, I hope you are still out there, an update. This last semester is going to be very nutty. I am also doing an internship while continuing to work and train for my half marathon. Shew? Yes. So, my blog is going to be here and there and also there will be many more fashion posts- as part of my internship. I am interning at a shop here- I will choose a vintage piece per week, historically research it, and write up a PR work for it and post it here as well on the store's website :) I was unaware until last semester that my minor also needed an internship, so I ran onto the bandwagon as fast as possible. I apologize ahead of time for the scatter-brained-ness that is to come, but your understanding, patience, and giggles are appreciated.

So lately, my running has been a work in progress. After Christmas I was slacking and did not consistently run for about 1 1/2 weeks. I did take a yoga and total body toning class with some friends as a part of our local community center's entrance into the new season. I really enjoyed both! This past Monday I got back into it with a 6 mile run plus lower body and core, took Tuesday off (crazy school schedule and I also tutor on these days), Wednesday was devoted to volleyball and cinnamon buns for dinner, yesterday was a simple 4 miles, and today I woke up early to get in 5 miles plus upper body and core before work-I may go on another run this afternoon just because the temps are way above normal.

I love the gym in the morning. There are very few people, and those that are there are mostly super dedicated and sweet people. There was this older gentleman on the track with me and I definitely just paced with him- he did not mind....he was a beast too, he had been running for a long time and only stopped a little before I ended my run.

Ooohh, I also picked up some DVDs at the bookstore last night: 2 Biggest Loser workouts: yoga and high calorie burn, and Mari Winsor's Cardio Pilate's.  I am pretty excited. I had a really great Pilate's workout DVD, but Jake said it magically disappeared...he lost it. We have about a million movies and sometimes they get placed into the wrong box, which we thought was the case, but alas no such luck. I guess it is good that I think he is really cute...so, I just got another...DVD that is ;) I will give a review on these as soon as I use them (planning on Sunday).

How is your week back to reality going? Any new goals?

Have a great day, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...