I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Not a Struggle

I often say that, because I was never a runner in that past, my journey to be one now has been a struggle...but it's not. Running is NOT a struggle. Yes, it takes major commitment, exertion of energy that sometimes we feel is not even left, healthy habits, determination, a lot of time, money, and emotional and mental awareness and draining on a weekly basis. But, I will not classify running as a struggle any longer. Running is a privilege, just as biking, walking, rollerblading, sitting, standing, talking, and whatever else may be something you felt was a "struggle."

ljsilentg.com
 
I have the choice and ability to go outside and run for however long my body and I am able to do so. Running clears my head, it makes my muscles stronger, and it can heal a heavy heart. Running, for me, has not been easy. I can say, running will always continue to be something I have to work hard for, but I will not label it a struggle in my life. I have shoes to run in, water to quench my thirst, a husband to whine to when I don't want to run, and food to re-fuel my body. What a blessing?

It doesn't have to be running. Whatever helps you to let anxiety and sadness leave you. Something that makes you feel healthy inside and out. It is the thing that you may have felt was impossible, but now is in your hands for the taking. Please, do not call it a struggle. Leave that noun for when it is appropriate. I challenge myself and I challenge you to embrace these hills, mountains, and valleys as opportunities.

xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for that post... I signed up for my first 5k today and it's in a month!! I will have to work hard at it, but I'm worth it.
    Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for reading it :) It was one of those posts where I sorta spilled all my thoughts out and I am so happy someone else found it encouraging. You will have to let me know how your training and race goes, I will be sending wonderful thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...