I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Intervals and a Little Encouragement

I had not done intervals in a long...long. Fine, I hadn't done them for almost a month. And, I wonder why my pace was slowing.

Anyways, I gave in and renewed my membership to the gym in order to use the treadmill dreadmill during bad weather and for intervals. You can see my pacing in my "workout box" down on the right, it wasn't too bad, but I would like to increase those times. It was hard to motivate myself after a few rounds, but I found a window too look out of and stayed focused. As corny as it sounds, the beating of my feet against the treadmill sounded good. I liked feeling that burn in my chest again and pushing my body to a limit it had not felt in a while. Nothing like proving your body wrong ;)

I started lifting again today, so I will keep you updated on that journey...thank goodness because I tried doing push-ups the other day it was sad, shameful, embarrassing- take your pick.

Stay focused, stay positive, and stay proud of your accomplishments; each one will be bigger than the last.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...