I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Impatient Patience

Silly title? Maybe...but I am a self-declared and well accepted walking and talking oxymoron.

*I break my foot and then fall again on crutches.

*I tell everyone I am learning patience through all of this, and I am pretty much lying to (the inside of) my face.

*I tell myself I can still do upper body and core workouts, with a super positive and happy voice. Then I do them for the first week, and say, ehhh.


C'mon now. 

My situation is not bad. Not even all that stinky. 


*I have read 3 books. 

*I have watched some sweet movies (yes, I totally will take that as a positive right now).

*I am re-teaching myself the discipline of making my lunches and dinners over quick and easy meals.

*My husband and I are forced to communicate in different ways, as I am pretty much home most of the time (aside from work, and the occasional times I am "allowed" to venture out on my hobble foot).

*My dog is ECSTATIC about this new arrangement of me not leaving her.



As hard or difficult I may think a moment is, it is just that: a moment. 


I have decided to conquer a few health goals at the same time. Not the greatest idea, but like I told a friend the other day, "most of my goals were fitness related before, and now they simply cannot revolve around that."

So, I am trying to do as many (girl) push-ups as I possibly can. But, I am also taking the time to check off a few other things on my list. One of those is, again, making wholesome meals, which is not as hard as I had made it out to be in my head. Another is to decrease the amount of medicine in my body. This is a pretty personal one, so if you have any questions concerning this please do not hesitate to message or email me, I am happy to discuss.

When you make changes for/to your body, it is not going to be easy. 9 times out of 10 it is going to feel like a struggle. But, those 9 times out of 10 are also totally worth it. I am proving to my body that it can heal itself. That I can overcome fears and anxieties that once plagued my everyday.

Broken foot? Yeah, it does suck. I really want to go for a run. Do some squats. Rollerblade. Anything at this point. But, is God telling me to "wait, a minute" and pay attention to some other aspects of my life? You bet.


Now, go on a walk/run for me..mail me the burned calories and I'll see you out there in 6 weeks ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...