I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Unintentional Faster Pace

         Today was the day. Today I was going to run 5+ miles again. I hadn't run that distance in almost two weeks. A couple weeks ago I did not run less than 4.5 or 5.5 miles and then the following two weeks my 3 mile runs felt like a struggle. Last Saturday I went out for a run and felt awkward and heavy so I ended up walking 2.5 miles and lifting a little- needless to say I felt defeated. Then, this past weekend a super great friend of mine got married :) :) :) So, the weekend was FILLED with desserts and amazing food- and no I did not say no to any of them. I attempted to run the Monday after and made it 2.5 miles, and it was a disgusting run at that. Yesterday my left hip joint was bugging me, but it hadn't gotten bad enough for me to think much about it so I went to the gym and did some machines to ease back into the work out week. Well, this morning I woke up and every step I took I felt a pain shoot down my left leg, but I figured I was being petty and decided it would be a long run day anyways. To be honest the muscle strain hurt more when I walked then when I ran. I started my run and felt pretty good, but something wasn't right...There were spiders everywhere. No, not garden spiders or the little jumping ones that seem soooo friendly. These were huge spiders with huge webs that always seemed extremely close to where I was running. I did some freaky sounding ducking maneuvers that I didn't even check to see if anyone witnessed. I killed a pretty large spider the other night (my shoe was the weapon and after being used was left on the porch all night for fear that I didn't actually kill it)...my guess is all its friends and family found out and are after me. "Blessing" in disguise is that I sprinted more on my run today, thus a faster pace and unintentional sprints/pace work. I don't really know if it's worth it, but I am still here- no webs attached, hahaha.

          In similiar news- my goals for the week running wise have been 16-20 miles/week. I started off about a month or so ago with these new goals and was reaching 19-20 consistently. It was just one week (last week=indulgence week) that my mileage was a smidge lower. I also didn't run on Sunday due to the lovely wedding so I am trying to make up this week's mileage in these next few days, but we will see- I need to keep a watchful eye on this grandma leg acting up.

          I got it! I think I know why last week was such a lowsy running week- I didn't have peanut butter. Well, don't fret, I went shopping and picked more up :) I also am trying VitaTops for the first time and so far the chocolate and cranberry are scrumptious. I had ice cream and bananas with the chocolate and pb on top of the cranberry, yumm!

         I have a 4 mile treadmill run scheduled for tomorrow morning so that my grandma joints can ease up some. And...our first indoor volleyball game is tomorrow night so wish us luck!

XOXO

PS: Found some really delicious sounding recipes all over the internet today so there should be some bakery posts in the near future, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...