I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cookie Monster


Pumpkin is in EVERYTHING right now...so here is something else to add to your list!




Iced Pumpkin Cookies
adapted via AllRecipes.com

 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or spelt flour
 1 teaspoon baking powder
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/2 cup butter, softened
 1 to 1 1/2 cups white sugar
 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
 1 egg
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

*Wait for it...1 can cream cheese frosting. I know, I know. But, I tried making my own cream cheese frosting and I have to say, I really like how the canned stuff tastes with these. 


Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry and wet ingredients separately. Combine both mixtures, stir vigorously. Bake for 10-14 minutes (I under-bake them a little so that they are more of a soft and gooey cookie). 


Let the cookies cool completely and top generously with cream cheese frosting. Feed your hungry family and friends...they will bug you for more, I guarantee it ;)


allrecipes.com


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...