I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Thursday, October 31, 2013

More Importantly

Sometimes there are more important things than eating your vegetables.
...than getting your workout in
...than lifting weights 3 times per week
...than PR'ing

Also, there are more important things than eating the biggest slice of pizza.
...than making an easy dinner over a fulfilling one
...than being comfortable
...than feeling average


Last night, after a volleyball game, I asked a good friend if she wanted to go get ice cream. Normally I save "super fun candy filled" ice cream for the weekend, but I wanted to go and I knew we would have fun.

Guess what?

I didn't feel guilty. I enjoyed my ice cream and even more I enjoyed the time I spent with my friend. We talked about life, we laughed like old hens, and we shared where we wanted to be in 6 months.

Other times, when I eat foods that are not in the 'healthy' category I feel guilt, which takes away from enjoying them. This can be a common battle, but not an easy one to win. Food should never be an enemy. It fuels our bodies and it can bring excitement to meals. 

So, there are times that ice cream with a friend will trump counting calories or a lower body fat percentage...but remember there are times that ice cream is not worth it and a walk instead will more than suffice. YOU are the best judge of you.

Have a spOOky sweet day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...