I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Countdown

Here we are. Within the week of the Rock n' Roll Cleveland Half-Marathon. This will be my second half and my husband's first.



We have decided together to treat this as a fun race only. We have goals, of course, to run the whole way, a very loose time goal, and to FINISH. Jake did not train as long as he really needed to ;) So, I know it will be tough, but I promised him I would not leave him and we would cross the finish line together.

We also joked that he could ride in a wagon and eat donuts while I run. No. I mean, no thank you sweetheart.

I tapered on Monday and did a "quick" 6 miles at just under a 9 min/mile which was very encouraging. My feet felt really light the whole time which was awesome. I am planning on running an easy 4 today and maybe 3 tomorrow, but beyond that I will lighten up my leg workout this week and just do some cross-training in between; I will take Saturday off completely.

I have to be a good wife though, and say how proud I am of Jake. He knew he wouldn't have the adequate time to REALLY train for this race, but he registered anyways as support for me and a challenge to himself. Although he had ups and downs during his running he kept promising he would do the race, and well, he is. I am so thankful that he will be there with me, it is going to be a blast.

The weather is supposed to be rainy, windy, and cold. Haha, but eh, when you're not trying to PR that can be fun weather to run in (I say that now). 

We will keep you updated, send your fastest miles our way! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...