I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Magical Podcast and A Food Review

I have finally found the hidden treasure that is podcasts.

I like listening to music when I am doing faster runs (tempo, intervals, or farltek), but for my long and easy paced runs I was getting tired of the same routine. I do enjoy running with nothing blaring in my ears, especially when it is nice outside or right around dinner time (the lighting is always GORgeous)...but, sometimes you just need a little distraction. 

Cue the clouds opening and harp playing?


JillianMichaelsPodcast.com
Jillian Michaels' podcast are keeping me busy these days. She is funny, gives great and realistic advice, and the shows themselves vary in topic so much so that it's hard to even categorize her podcast. I have been listening to them for about 2 weeks now, usually 2-3 times per week. I haven't gotten tired of her or them in the least bit and I have even learned some neat tricks. Imagine that...learning and running, shew whee, am I an overachiever or what? ;) 

But, really, I do recommend browsing through ITunes and sampling the huge selection of shows they offer. (PS: Most are free!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To do something (sorta) new today, I am going to, very amateur-ly, review a product.

Yesterday I was having some stomach issues, no details needed (I could have probably even gone without stating that)...and so I wanted to keep my food as neutral as possible. I have family visiting so we all ate dinner at my parents' house and my mom made baked spaghetti. Now, her baked spaghetti isn't all that bad and she does add spinach, but it was still a little too heavy for me. 

I went ahead and brought some Fage 0% Greek yogurt over (my favorite) with some frozen cherries and an Amy's Rice Macaroni and Cheese Gluten Free dinner. I know, frozen meal, but I liked the ingredients and I was majorly craving cheese.

When I first cooked it I was a little worried because I could smell the rice pretty predominately, but shew whee, I am glad I didn't base my opinion on just that. It was soooo good! I wasn't even expecting it to be that delicious, but it baked up perfectly, with the top layer have a little "meatier" texture to it.

The cheese was REAL and tasted real good ;)


                                                         I give this dish 4.5/5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...