I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Friday, March 29, 2013

Why I Run

Why do I run?

This is a loaded question, because let me tell you, some days I hate it. Some days I do not want to go, I just want to stay in bed and watch Hulu or eat a half pound (or two) of grapes and snuggle with my puppy. OR I do the whole "well the dishes need to get done," or even better "I have homework..." HA, like that should stop me, we all know I procrastinate anyways (not encouraging this though, please).

So, then you wonder, why does this crazy girl run then if it bugs her so much? The positives outweigh the negatives I make up :)

-I love the strength it gives my muscles and my body as a whole
-I really enjoy having goals, i.e. a faster pace, longer distances, training for races
-The endurance from running seeps into all other physical activities in your life (um, volleyball!)
-The feeling of overcoming something that once seemed impossible
-Getting to eat more carbs and frozen yogurt ;)
-The time I get to myself to think, pray, and just relax and clear my mind
-The sights and sounds I am able to experience (My last run I saw 10 beautiful deer!)
-All the awesome people you meet through blogs, websites, races, ect. that are helpful and encouraging
-The pretty nifty running gear I save up for...just got new Brooks Ravenna's
-The tight feeling in my chest that becomes a healthy pulse when I get my pace down
-Running with friends and enjoying seeing them accomplish their goals also
-Learning from more experienced runners who are happy to rub it in how much faster they are, haha
-The major stretch you get from using ALL your muscle groups when running
-Sprinting as fast as I can while feeling like I will die...but I never do
-Fitting into clothes better after a run
-The feeling during an awesome run that makes you feel like you could do anything...and even the feeling during a hard run knowing that you will not quit

Why do YOU run?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...