I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Read With Caution

You know when you get into those "thinking funks"...well I have been in one for 3 days now. These can yield some positive results from brainstorming, but they most often, for me, cause more worry than ever needed in  the first place.


....................................................................................................................................


When is it okay to step in? When is it appropriate and respectful to share with a friend your concerns for them?

This is more than difficult.

1. Because I am not perfect and I do not want to come off sounding like I am God's messenger to all.

2. I don't know what's best.

3. Sometimes friends need a listening ear over a concerned word.

4. Saying these things in the most delicate way is hard.

5. How do you know it is the right thing to do?


That last one is a real doozy. But, when a friend is experiencing pain and you know they don't have to, is that when it crosses the line?

I understand that we grow from pain and thicker skin is not a bad thing, but that daunting line between maturing and suffering can be intimidating. 

I have so many blessings; God has granted me with very special and close friends, that I know what I feels like to become defensive in their "honor" and want to take action. There are times we (as friends) took action and it was good, there were times when it did nothing, and there were times we did not step up and it was regretful.

These people mean so much to me and of course it hurts to see them in pain, but is it my duty to fix that? No, of course not. But, there is a way to care for them and remind them of their worth without ruling over them. 


Please share your thoughts on this sensitive circumstance, a personal experience, or a related topic.

Thank you, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...