I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Veteran's Day

This is a post just centered on the extra special time taken to honor those who have served and are serving our country. They deserve all the prayers and help we can send to them, whether it be just that, prayers, or even letters, photos, cookies, or fresh socks. Please, along with me, take a pledge to not take these men and women's lives for granted. Take a moment, pray, and thank the Lord for keeping His hand over them through many difficult times.
Also, I have been involved and will continue to work with an organization called Honor Flight. If you are interested please see their website here: honorflightnetwork or you can always message/email me for more information. It is a really neat program that raises money to send veteran's to their memorials. It also collects letters for them to read on their trips. It is disappointing to think about the cruel welcome home many veteran's received, especially after Vietnam. This organization encourages those who are involved to welcome these veterans back home with smiling faces, open arms, and grateful hearts. Make the time to see what they do best.

With love and God Bless,
Allison

I would like to extend a personal thank you to a few women and men I know that have served or are serving right now: My father and my grandfather, Christine Asmus and her husband, Jose Artiaga, Brandon Chandler, Jeremy LeBeau, John Savor, Daniel Myatt, Joe Lewis, Dan Wright. I know there are many others, and their families also are owed so much respect for their support at home. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...