I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Internship Piece No. 3 Continued: Flashback; 80s Chic?

Can the 1980s really be labeled as chic? Some would argue yes and some would not even consider that more than a bad joke. Personally, yeah I know no one asked, but I used to really "dislike" the 80s fashion, trends, ect. But, I have learned you can find the good in anything, and I have actually come to really appreciate and have fun with some 80s shenanigans (aka off the shoulder please).

The red, gold beaded dress shown before is without label. But, I can tell you by the shoulder padded, inverted pyramid silhouette, and over-beaded extravaganza that this garment is...an 80's baby. This type of shape had overtaken the era, along with teased hair, leggings, Member's Only jackets, and fingerless gloves. Could I see someone rocking with dress with some black, lace, Madonna-esque gloves? Period, yes. 

It takes a brave soul to take on this lady. The piece has a gorgeous, just cut out enough, v-dropped back and long sleeves. It is way more than do-able though. Pair with some half heeled ankle booties, throw up the hair, and maybe a gold bangle or two and strut. Why not play up with red with some bold lips and remember not to forget the extra layer of mascara. If you're gonna do it might as well go all out!

This number is a size medium and is available at Mosaic for $35 :)

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...