I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Internship Piece No. 4: Icetip

 Once again a garment, this Icetip labeled jacket, has stumped me. After a few days (on and off of course) of researching I was not able to come up with much in the way of the brand's history. I was disappointed as this piece is so neat and of honest quality. The jacket in the spotlight this week is a chocolate brown, leather, long sleeve, fringe coat with only a small clasp closing (but better left open in my humble opinion). The shape of the jacket is what makes it even more unique. The back cut comes up a smidge, but the sides come to a point, giving what could have been a boxy cut some femininity. As you can see in this first photo, the stitching is thick and meticulous. The braided stitch travels all along the wide collar showcasing the piece's understated yet bold chicness. We have it paired with a coffee and teal tie-dye summer rope halter dress and some ankle booties (or wedges in the summer time) I think it might be fun to keep the jewelry simple, maybe just add a long, single, gold, charm necklace or two or just a statement bag.

 
What I was able to find were jackets of this same label and even more that were very similar. Most are selling for anywhere between $35-$300! Big gap. But, here at Mosaic our garment is wonderfully in fabulous condition, fits a size medium, and is selling for $35.00...also, the dress has never been worn and is priced at $11.00.
 
Stop in and see us soon!
xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...