I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Friday, December 6, 2013

Fitness Friday: What a Twist!

Thank you M. Night Shamamlana and late night cartoons for my oh so creative blog title today.

Another Fitness Friday post is here! 

What did Allison learn this week?

Slow and steady & Fast and Feisty are both necessary and productive. What?

Gross, I have to do both?

Yes.





I am finally committing to learning how to pace myself. This means I need to slow down on my long runs and give it all I got on my [race] pace and interval workouts. AND take it easy on my easy runs.

I have been sticking to this for about 3 weeks now and I have felt a noticeable difference in my pace and overall running performance (for the better, I might add). 

Your body should not get used to stagnant activity. I learned this last year and had to change up my routine enough that I can keep it guessing most of the time. This means that once in a while I take off 2-3 days in a row and then get right back into my routine to "shock" myself a little and continue to get stronger.

I hope this helps, and PLEASE share what you've got goin' on...or what you need to have goin' on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...