I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Perfect.

I love to encourage and help my loved ones out whenever possible/necessary. But when it comes time to sit down and eat my own words, I lose my appetite.

I am not perfect, sure I know this. But it still absolutely sucks when I make a mistake and cannot pick up my own pieces. 


For example, when I go off my attempt to eat healthy and inhale too much of something deemed 'junk food' I do not forgive myself. I replay it over and over in my head and beat myself up about it till I am black and blue with guilt and regret. How is this helping? Oh, it's not. But I seem to make sure it is my only option.

I am a continuing work in progress, as we all are. I need to love myself the way I love others, and the way God loves each of us. I need to have that same mercy on myself. I still need to kick my behind in gear when I know better, but who do I think I am? 



I am not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...