I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Fashion III (Plus a Little Extra!)

This next fashion post is a little different than my normal autumn tastes. We had some funky items in the shop and so I played around with this retro sweater, J. Crew cardigan, Express corduroy skirt, simple leather belt, and loopy necklace to make a fun look that can definitely be paired with some slouchy boots and bold lips!

Enjoy :)

      

 
 
Also, this past week I "fall'ed" our home :) I took down the rest of the flower and springy decorations and twirled some leaves around our porch, put up some cute little pumpkins, scarecrows, and corn husks...and I did something that a crafty person might do! whoa...
 
My wedding bouquet was gorgeous. My maid of honor did the flowers and she created a stunning mixture of white lilies, roses, hydrangea, and lisianthus for my bouquet. But, it was just sitting next to our heater being more of a fire hazard than a pretty decoration. So, I kinda tore it apart. I took the petals apart and the filling to make "homemade potpourri" for our kitchen table. I mixed the colors and pieces and placed them in a pretty bowl my mom had given me from a flea market treasure hunt. I placed it with a simple display I did on the table (a taupe clothe, pumpkin candle, and a few other ditties).
 

 
I enjoy when I am patient enough to DIY something- usually it all happens in one day. I still have that scrapbook I bought 3 years ago sitting with empty paper in it...but that's another day. Oh, and next I think I might post a pumpkin cookie recipe, yum :)
 
Update on the running? eh...it has been a little iffy lately. I ran 3 miles in the wind yesterday and it was rough to say the least. I am not sure what it was but my chest gave out very quickly and 3 was enough for me that day. Since it was a disappointing run I went to the gym today and just did lots of cross training (elliptical, incline walking, lifting) to maybe get my body back into exercise mode, we will see! I plan on doing a 4-5 mile run tomorrow morning outside, brrrr. Stay posted, xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...