I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else -C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

On My Way

My last post was a little sad...well I have encouraging news, I did kick myself in gear and have proved that I can still run, some. I did two solid runs on Monday and Tuesday of this week (5 and 4 miles), an easy 3 this morning, and I have a cardio abs class my girlfriend signed us up for. Hmm...I am excited and nervous. Nervous that I will look ridiculous while everyone else looks cool and ripped, but that's silly right?
 
I have scheduled a cross training/ upper body gym day tomorrow- I usually go pretty early so that it isn't too packed. Once 9:30 a.m. rolls around good luck finding a clean towel or a free machine. One plus of the rec center being packed is people watching. I ran on the track once when all the machines were taken and I really think that there was about 30 people on a normal-sized indoor track. It was just crazy; some guy kept looking back at me thinking I was following him, but really there just wasn't room anywhere else. Needless to say I slowed down and sped up my pace a lot that day so people wouldn't think I was stalking them.
 
I think my new goal, aside from finding a 10k to run, is to up my weekly mileage. I am just hitting a hair under 20 miles and would love to increase that to 25 in the next couple of months. I think hope that is do-able. Speaking of these next few months...cold is coming. Fun to Christmas shop in, make fires, play in for 45 minutes tops, but not as fun to run in. I still would like to keep my running up during the winter months, but this will be my first winter as a "legit/wanna-be" runner...so I am trying to prepare. I have read up on screws that you can place in the bottom of your tennis shoe for better traction- which I would definitely do on an older pair of shoes. Also, yesterday I went to TJ Maxx to hunt for some legit and discounted running clothes. I found pants, a couple long sleeve tops, and the grand treasure: a Calvin Klein insulated fleece zip up with inner compartments for everything. I have been looking for a good jacket to wear for layering when it's cold, but they were all so expensive or not quite right. This one is functional AND pretty.

My next post will be a fashion one- I miss doing those! Also, I am trying a new recipe for dinner tonight with quinoa, corn, black beans, lots of spices and garlic, salsa, and some other tasty foods. If it is worth it I will post about that later also. Have a beautiful day, xoxo.

Oh, and here are those photos of the costume party- goodness :)

           


 
                              
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...